Information For Histories Books
Book reviews, summaries, plot overviews, related videos. Here you can find any information you need to learn more about Histories Books.
You May Also Need
Browse some relevant information about what you are interested in.
If you’re looking for history books that give the broader picture as well as the finer details, let us introduce you to some of the most seminal texts on global history. These reads cover the moments and events that form the connective tissue between continents, cultures, and eras. Whether you’re looking for more abstract, theoretical writing on wh...
Best History Books (3199 books) - Goodreads
- John Adams by David McCullough.
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany by William L. Shirer.
- 1776 by David McCullough.
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- The Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman.
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond.
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand.
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown.
- A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century by Barbara W. Tuchman.
Other relevant information about Histories Books
- The Ten Best History Books of 2021 - Smithsonian Magazine smithsonianmag.com
- The 50 Best Historical Fiction Books of All Time - B&N Reads barnesandnoble.com
- 29 Best History Books Of All Time | Good History Books historydegree.net
- The 18 Best History Books You Will Ever Read 2022 | The Manual themanual.com
- 18 Best American History Books Of All Time Must Read 2022 - PBC pennbookcenter.com
The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary (Paperback)bySimon Winchester(shelved 12 times as histories)avg rating 3.83 — 111,341 ratings — published 1998. Want to Read. Rate this book. 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars.
Mar 29, 2010 · 165 books — 341 voters Characters Whose Story You Wish Would Continue 1,326 books — 849 voters Historical Fiction 2018 418 books — 1,037 voters Historical Fiction 2016 337 books — 893 voters Children In Romance 386 books — 332 voters Historical Fiction 2021 441 books — 734 voters Historical Books More historical books...
29 Best History Books Of All Time | Good History Books
- The Little Red Guard by Wenguang Huang. This book depicts an ordinary family as they live …
- Stalin’s Englishman by Andrew Lownie. Stalin’s Englishman is a biography of the …
- The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam by Barbara W. Tuchman. Tuchman is a master of …
- Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt. Although the …
- Magna Carta by David Starkey. A popular historian created a TV show out of the same …
- The Tudors by G.J. Meyer. This book outlines the furious history behind one of the earth’s …
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn. You have probably heard of this …
- Beautiful Idiots and Brilliant Lunatics by Rob Baker. The collection found in this book can …
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard. Giving you a fresh, clear perspective of …
- Games Without Rules: The Often-Interrupted History of Afghanistan by Tamim Ansary. The …
best family histories. This is a list for non-fiction or (at most) semi-fictionalized works dealing with the history of one specific family. flag. All Votes Add Books To This List. 1. The Du Mauriers. by. Daphne du Maurier. 3.64 avg rating — 192 ratings.
1-24 of over 80,000 results for "history books" RESULTS Best Seller Undelivered: The Never-Heard Speeches That Would Have Rewritten History by Jeff Nussbaum 98 Hardcover -28%$2149$29.99 Get it as soon as Tue, Aug 2 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon More Buying Choices $17.49 (54 used & new offers)
17) Spain History Books. The History of Spain ranges from prehistory to the present day. Approximately 1.2 million years ago the first hominids arrived in Spanish territory. These were followed by species such as Homo antecessor and Homo neanderthalensis; Homo sapiens arrived about 35,000 years ago.
4. The Age of Revolution: 1789-1848 (4 Volume History of the Modern World) By Eric Hobsbawm | Used Price: 60% Off. The Age of Revolution is a book by Eric Hobsbawm. It's the first of 3 books about "the long 19th century", and The Age of Extremes: The Short Twentieth Century, is the sequel to the trilogy.
Histories is an eclectic and unusual poetry debut from the author of the creative non-fiction work Wardlife: The Apprenticeship of a Young Writer as a Hospital Clerk published to acclaim in 1999. From the medical history to family history, Histories reveals a poet of multiple personas and postures. Steinmetz chooses th
409 Paperback $16 56 Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 24 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon More Buying Choices $12.40 (8 used & new offers) Kindle $4 99 $6.66 Available instantly Hardcover Ages: 8 - 12 years Groovy Greeks (Horrible Histories) by Terry Deary | Feb 4, 2016 280 Paperback $11 44 $20.99 Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 24
Aug 02, 2022 · The first of your books is the History of Japanese Political Thought 1600-1900 by Watanabe Hiroshi, translated by David Noble. Tell us about it. This book is the closest one to a textbook, but Watanabe is really explicit that he’s not writing a textbook here. It’s similar to a textbook in terms of its range and breadth.
Nov 30, 2021 · America on Fire: The Untold History of Police Violence and Black Rebellion Since the 1960s by Elizabeth Hinton. Between July 1964 and April 2001, almost 2,000 urban rebellions sparked by racially ...
1-48 of over 100,000 results for "history books" RESULTS Editors' pick National Geographic Ultimate Visual History of the World: The Story of Humankind From Prehistory to Modern Times by Jean-Pierre Isbouts 223 Hardcover -27%$3649$50.00 Get it as soon as Fri, Aug 12 FREE Shipping by Amazon More Buying Choices $26.95 (50 used & new offers)
Ἰστορίαι = The Histories, Herodotus The Histories of Herodotus is the founding work of history in Western literature. Written in 440 BC in the Ionic dialect of classical Greek, The Histories serves as a record of the ancient traditions, politics, geography, and clashes of various cultures that were known in Western Asia, Northern Africa and Greece at that time.
Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated history books published in the United Kingdom by Scholastic, and part of the Horrible Histories franchise.The books are written by Terry Deary, Peter Hepplewhite, and Neil Tonge, and illustrated by Martin Brown, Mike Phillips, Phillip Reeve, and Kate Sheppard..
by Richard Erdoes. Find history books on thousands of subjects and historical events at Barnes & Noble®. Browse new and enduring titles on ancient history, European history, the Civil War, U.S. presidents, and more. Whether you’re a history teacher, history lover, or simply want to learn more about history, our wide selection of nonfiction ...
Lot of 5 Horrible Histories Terry Deary Children Chapter Book Science Geography
Aug 08, 2022 · Here’s WORLD’s Paul Butler. INSTR. MUSIC: CAMP MEETING ON THE FOURTH OF JULY. PAUL BUTLER, REPORTER: We begin today with August 6th, 18-01 in the early years of the Second Great Awakening. Presbyterian minister Barton Stone begins a week-long camp meeting about 20 miles east of Lexington, Kentucky.
Terry Deary’s Horrible Histories are hugely popular and the brand has sold over 20 million copies. This series tells the foul but fascinating story of humans, from brain-nibbling Neanderthals to the terrified teenage soldiers in the twentieth century – all in glorious colour and now in flexi-bound paperback format.